Throughout my book ‘The Grace of a Nightingale’ you will discover how music has enabled me to find solace, beauty, love and hope during some of my darkest times. I have been able to dance when I could have crumpled, exchange despair for peace and freedom from prolonged misery.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.
Many musicians have inspired me since I was a young girl. I feel indebted to their gifts and commitment.
Here is a flavour of some of my favourites……may I thank all those who have laboured for the love of music…..
- An Ocean In Between The Waves – The War On Drugs
- Lost In The Dream – The War On Drugs
- Thinking Of A Place – The War On Drugs
- D’yer Mak’er – Led Zeppelin
- Bron-Yr-Aur – Led Zeppelin
- Kashmir – Led Zeppelin
- On The Beach – Neil Young
- Pocahontas – Neil Young
- E=MC2 – Big Audio Dynamite